Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:29:15 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   programming a file transfer

Hi all,

I am writing a very simple file server for a school project.  I have some
sample code that got me started, and I have a server that opens a socket and
waits for a request from a client.  The client reads from stdin and sends it
to the server.

I want to have the server open a specified file and send it.  Can I just use
fopen() and read data in chunks and send it that way?  Will it get mangled?
Are there any issues I need to be aware of doing this?

Thanks,

Jonathon
--
"That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." -President Bill Clinton

"I don't know what you mean by the word 'ask.'" -CEO Bill Gates