Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:14:11 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander <amour@bugs.elitsat.net>
To:        Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: routings

It is like:
	aaa.bbb.ccc.129/32         	aaa.bbb.ccc.0/240
		|                                  |
		|                                  |
                -----------------------------------

    ... ---- aaa.bbb.ccc.1/24 --- aaa.bbb.ccc.2/(24?)  (I don't have access here and don't know the netmask)
		|				(These machines are linuxes and the netmask doesn't matter to them)

		-------------------------- aaa.bbb.ccc.OTHER_IPS_FROM_THE_NET

I'm aaa.bbb.ccc.129/32  and my problem is that my netmask must be
255.255.255.0 to catch the gateway ( rc.conf: ifconfig_ed0="inet .... netmask 255.255.255.0" )
But on boot my sendmail hangs because somehow it tries to resolve some
host or something and it contacts to my nameserver, which is not on the
same network segment (aaa.bbb.ccc.2). If I change the netmask to
255.255.255.255 (hostmask) then the gateway won't add to the routing
table. So the only thing I can do is to leave the netmask by default to
Class C and then after the booting I do   rc.local: ifconfig ed0 inet
aaa.bbb.ccc.129 netmask 255.255.255.255   and then I start sendmail, but
this is really ugly and there must be other way to do that.

Thanks.