Date:      Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:16:16 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Christopher Nehren" <apeiron@comcast.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:07:15 -0400, Christopher Nehren
<apeiron@comcast.net> wrote:

> In regard to the new Perl version, ports/UPDATING has of course been
> changed with some instructions on how to proceed. It includes some real
> voodoo which really shows the beauty of Unix. But wouldn't 'portupgrade
> -rf perl\*5.8.4' be much simpler? And if the user has a threaded Perl
> installed, the command listed in UPDATING won't work.

Before the perl was added in UPDATING, I did the 'portupgrade -f p5-\*'
and it seems work fine. No problem to run GNOME, portlint, tinderbox, perl
gtk2 and etc so far. Maybe, there is some apps that need to be rebuild
that I don't have them installed.

Cheers,
Mezz

--