Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:46:22 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        Maria Buglino <mjolie@uswest.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3CXM056-BNW 3COM NOTEWORTHY

Maria Buglino stated:
: HELP!!!
:
: I'm trying to get my 3com modem to work & I've checked a thousand sites and they all say that my modem is supposed to be config 0x20 "sio1" ?
: but all it gives me is : driver allocation failed for Toshiba America (3CXM056-BNW)
: &  the closest I can get is when I change it to config 0x21 "sio1" ? but then it sets it to sio4 which doesn't really exist.. I''m going crazy! please help!!
:

Andrew (Maria?)-

This is most likely due to an irq problem.  What version of FreeBSD
are using?  What are your relevant kernel entries for sio, pcic, et
al?  What about dmesg output?  What are the pccard* entries from
/etc/rc.conf?  Without certain key bits of data, it is hard to fathom
out what the exact conflicts are.

Sean O'Connell                                       sean@stat.Duke.EDU