Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:23:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD security auditing project.

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Mark Murray wrote:

> I am prepared to provide a (semi-)automatic tool that folks can
> submit their efforts to. (Yes, this is a group effort, we all need to
> get involved and donate our Copious Free Time. All the time that is
> currently invested in flamewars would be better spent here, *hint*
> *hint*.) The tool will be web-based and will give a good idea of
> progress, so we can even turn it into a sort of competition.

  Need volunteers, eh? I can be suckered in to helping in regards to
building the web-based database for keeping track of the effor's progress.
I may be no security expert, but I can build database-driven web sites (I
should...it's my day job ;) ).
  Let me know what I can do to help.

> I'll get a mailing list going if this is deemed necessary.

  freebsd-security? :)

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Richmond, VA
Director of Technical Services, ALC Communications  http://www.alcnet.com/