From:      Matt Rohrer <rohrer@hawaii.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libXext.so.6 and libXaw.so.6 not found

Hello,

I installed vim from the ports collection but when I try to start it I
get:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXext.so.6" not found

when I try to start emacs, also installed from ports collection, I get
the same error except for libXaw.so.6 is not found.

I tried installing all of the source from /stand/sysinstall and tried to
find the libraries in /usr/src afterwards, but found nothing. Where can I
find and install these libraries?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

-Matt