Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      magudexter <magudexter@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating the system means recompiling the ports also?

Yes, that's it. I have a modified kernel that I made
for my machine. I made a kernel using (as described in
the handbook) the
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installkernel

So, I compile a custom kernel and then I reinstall a
kernel.debug.

One more question, though - why does one has to have
the cvs-sources for the buildkernel procedure?