Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:30:27 -0700
From:      W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@pacbell.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD spokesman.

> [from some caustic irritant on -chat]
>
> Such advocacy is especially important right now, at a time when
> the press is portraying Microsoft and the GPL as if they were
> the only two alternatives. The BSDs represent one that's much
> better than either.

Advocacy often seems to be overrated, especially by the loudest and most
ineffective advocates.

Similarly, it's an amazing thing how incompetent people are often
convinced they are the most competent.

Please don't CC me on any followups.  Unsubscribing this madness now...

Bah,

W Gerald Hicks
gehicks@pacbell.net