Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:42:13 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [RFC] [D3687] SO_MAX_PACING_RATE and FreeBSD

Hi,

After some time of discussions going forth and back I think there is a
very good proposal for implementing support for the SO_MAX_PACING_RATE
socket option at:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3687

Since last time the solution was discussed there has been added RSS
awareness to the internal APIs, to better utilize CPU offloading when
applying rate limiting.

By default, unless options RATELIMIT is defined, there are no functional
changes in the current TCP/IP code.

I'd like some people from the network group to have a fresh look at the
patch and if everything is fine, be able to push something by end of
October.

At Mellanox we are currently doing final testing of the
SO_MAX_PACING_RATE feature.

--HPS