Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:54:50 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        marcus@freebsd.org
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, bobf@mrp3.com
Subject:   Re: ports/136435: security/gnome-keyring + hald prevents umount of usb drive without '-f'

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:58:50 -0500, <marcus@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Synopsis: security/gnome-keyring + hald prevents umount of usb drive
> without '-f'
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: marcus
> State-Changed-When: Wed Jul 8 17:57:27 UTC 2009
> State-Changed-Why:
> I cannot reproduce this with my USB key drives.  Of course, GNOME
> automatically mounts them when they are inserted.  What messages do you
> see
> implicating gnome-keyring?  What versions of hal and gnome-keyring do you
> have installed?  What does lsof say about the mounted volume?

I can reproduce this problem. I didn't report because my system is
complete out of date. Also, I figure that it might be fixed with your
commit in latest gamin and other stuff. To get an idea how out of date I
am...

--------------------------
# pkg_info -IX gnome2-2
gnome2-2.24.2       The "meta-port" for the GNOME 2 integrated X11 desktop
# pkg_info -IX xorg-7
xorg-7.3_2          X.Org complete distribution metaport
--------------------------

However, I can't reproduce this problem if I do it at the first time. Kind
of random to know when it will happening like after second or third or so
times. I had to ran 'umount -f /media/foo' to get it umounted.

This PR lacks the details. We will need you to follow the two URLs (those
are importants to help us understand what's going on):

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html#q4

Cheers,
Mezz