Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:18:35 -0500
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Review/testing request: changing the arguments of exec_setregs()

In order to properly implement exec_setregs() on powerpc64, I must
hand-relocate the function descriptor pointed to by the executable entry
point. To do this, exec_setregs() must be passed the relocation base of
the executable, which would originally come from the image_params struct.

The patch at http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/exec_setregs.diff
changes the arguments of exec_setregs to take a pointer to the image's
image_params struct to allow easy future expansion, and removes
redundant arguments (entry and ps_strings). This is similar to the
calling convention in NetBSD. I also take the opportunity to convert
several of the declarations of exec_setregs() from K&R to ANSI C.

This patch is fairly straightforward, but it does touch all
architectures. I have tested the patch on amd64, sparc64, and powerpc,
with no evident problems.
-Nathan