Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 96 15:52:53 -0800
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@wrs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with 3Com 3C589C combo PCMICIA.

Hi Folks,

	I'm now running FreeBSD on my WinBook (486DX/33 16M/340M) and it
    has a PCMCIA ethernet card from 3Com.  My problem is that after a
    while (say a few thousand packets) it hangs.  I can sometimes get
    the interface back by ifconfig'ing it down and then up, but this is
    not an optimal solution.  Sometimes when I ping from the machine to
    the net in this situation I get a "sendto: no buffer space" or
    similar message making me think that there's an mbuf leak somewhere
    in the zp driver.  Any pointers?

Thanks,
George