Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:45:23 +0100
From:      "Rick Hoppe" <mailing@rickhoppe.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ftp does not work (was: ftp from behind firewall to internet works on XP not on FreeBSD ?)

No that ain't it. Like I said I can use both passive and active ftp from
Windows XP. So I setup my rules and ftp-proxy in ipnat "correctly" to punch
a temporarily hole in my firewall for outgoing ftp-connections. It seems
that the FreeBSD base ftp client is usig EPSV (Extended Passive) that
IPNAT's ftp proxy doesn't handle.

Regards,

Rick