Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:19:57 +0400
From:      "Nickolay A. Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To:        Dragos Ruiu <dr@kyx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Sendmail trojan...?

Hello Dragos,

DR> Where is the best collection of forensic information about
DR> this so the method can be understood and effects checked
DR> for? The CERT advisory mentioned trojaned versions "contain
DR> malicious code that is run during the process of building the
DR> software." It was less than illuminating about the method
DR> after that.

You can obtain additional info about sendmail's backdoor here:

From: netmask <netmask@enZotech.net>

Anyhow, I have made the backdoor'd sendmail code available at
http://www.enzotech.net/files/sm.backdoor.patch  and the base64
portion is decoded at http://www.enzotech.net/files/sm.backdoor.base64.txt

; NKritsky
; mailto:nkritsky@internethelp.ru