Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:53:39 +0800
From:      tamgya@gmail.com (Denise H. G.)
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.28.1 report

Li <fender0107401@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all:
>
> Firstly, I am very glad to see gnome 2.28.1 in the ports tree!
>
> So reinstall freebsd 7.2 and get a fresh ports tree then install
> xorg-minimal and gnome2-lite.
>
> But now there two problem:
>
> 1. I can't choose language from gdm.
>
> When I login to the system and try to select language (locale) from the
> menu, gdm show me a blank window wothout any language option (keyboard
> selection menu work well).
>
> I know this is a bad description, but I don't know what information is
> helpful.

take a look at some files under /var/db/gdm, I think this directory
contains a conf file for gdm's localization.

> 2. I don't know how to set font for epiphany.
>
> I am a chinese man.
>
> I use "dejavu" for english and "ar pl kaitim gb" for my native language.

have you installed dejavu fonts? it is not installed in a default
installation of the system, i think. and for a chinese environment, just
check http://www.freebsdchina.org, there is a thread on that site
explains how to set up a working Chinese environment by using fontconfig.

--
tamgya |aT| GmAiL |DoT| cOm