Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:25:53 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPF Firewall Rules... help!

On 08 Apr bob@a1poweruser.com wrote:
> If you read the limewire website carefully you will see that no where
> does it say it will work on PC on a local area network (LAN).  This is
> one of those products that buries the sending IP address in the
> packets. A PC on the LAN uses an NATed ip address and this product can
> not handle that.  This is a common problem with products such as this.

Are you saying here that limewire does /not/ run on clients on a NATted
local area network?

If so, how come then that limewire runs on my windows client, as well as
on my OS-X and FreeBSD clients? All NATted of course.

> It's just not designed to work on PC that is on a LAN.

It works like a charme for me though.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3