Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2011 20:52:30 -0800
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "<freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org>" <freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   * Re: conf/163508: [rc.subr] [patch] Add &quot; enable&quot; and &quot; disable&quot; commands to rc.subr

On Dec 27, 2011, at 8:46 PM, Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I think you'd be much more likely to get more eyes on your work
> (thinking minimally of sysrc and your post-install config tool) if you
> submitted them as ports. I'm fairly confident that I've suggested this
> in the past, if I haven't, my apologies.
>=20
> There are several benefits to this, not the least of which is that
> people who are interested in having this kind of tool will have easy
> access to it. This will either a) solve the problem, or b) allow the
> idea to grow on people sufficiently that it eventually gets adopted more
> widely.
>=20
> You can start with
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.h=
tml
> and if you need help of course asking on freebsd-ports@ is your next step.
>=20
> Doug

Thank you. I'll give it a try (my first port).

--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.