Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:09:47 -0700
From:      "Peter S. Housel" <housel@acm.org>
To:        <gerti@bitart.com>, "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh@alphaque.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sony C1VN doesn't wake up...

"Gerd Knops" <gerti@bitart.com> wrote:
> Dinesh Nair wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Gerd Knops wrote:
> >
> > > zzz (and apm -z) do seem to work (everything shuts off, power LED
> > > flashes redish), however the machine doesn't wake up properly:
> > > Pressing
> >
> > have you tried doing this while _not_ in X ? switch over to another
> > vty where X isnt running, and try suspending then. my armada m300
> > hangs on resume when suspended in X, but works like a charm when
> > suspended in a vty.
> >
> X isn't even installed on that machine yet...
>
> I built a minimal kernel (just enough for the machine to come up), but
> even with that resume still doesn't work.

It doesn't work for me either (running 5.0-CURRENT).  I've pretty much given
up on suspending using APM on this machine, and I'm waiting for FreeBSD's
ACPI to support the S3 sleep state (since the AML program in the C1VN's BIOS
only supports states S0 (running), S3 (sleeping), S4 (suspend-to-disk), and
S5 (power off)).

Cheers,
-Peter S. Housel-   housel@acm.org   http://members.home.com/housel/