Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:14:06 +0100
From:      "Carsten Jensen" <tomse@tomse.dk>
To:        <freebsd-config@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD on Compaq Proliant 2500

Have you tried to configure your Proliant with SmartStart ?

The older Proliants needed to be configured with the smartstart=20
setting several options to NVRAM, it also installs the F10 partition
which some hate, and some love.. the F10 partition is a small
partition containing a menu to configure the Server, it's more
like an enhanced BIOS.
As far as I remember, when the Server has been configured you can
delete the F10 partition again.

Another Alternative is to go to www.compaq.com/support/files
and download the support disks for the server, those also=20
setup the options for you.

(the link still works, even though Compaq has been bought by HP)

good luck
Carsten

   1. FreeBSD on Compaq Proliant 2500 (Gabriel Barbulescu)

Message: 1