Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:49:20 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Arne Woerner <arne.woerner@tu-clausthal.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@freebsd.de, wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de
Subject:   Re: http://www.de.freebsd.org/cgallery.html

On Saturday, 27 June 1998 at 11:10:56 +0200, Arne Woerner wrote:

>> On Saturday, 27 June 1998 at  9:22:36 +0200, Arne Woerner wrote:
>>> thank you for your funny excuses.
>>
>> Is this intended to be a reply to my previous message?  If so, you
>> should say so.  It's also common practice to quote previous
>> correspondence and reply to the person who wrote the message as well
>> as the list.  See http://www.lemis.com/email.html for more details.

> hmm!

Go on, it doesn't hurt, and it would have saved me a lot of tidying up
this message.

>>> its necessary to check _all_ links.
>>
>> OK.  When you've done it, tell us about it.
>
> i do not offer those pages. so i am not responsible for them. so i will
> not check all links.
>
>>> the link i found suspicious is
>>>         <LI><A HREF="http://www.freexxxvideo.com">;
>>>         <STRONG>All Free XXX Videos</STRONG>
>>>         </A> -- Adult Entertainment - More than 100 free streaming video clips.
>>>         </LI>
>>> suspicous are the following strings:
>>>         XXX
>>>         Adult Entertainment
>>>         Videos
>>
>> Well, they're probably not in the best of taste, but I'd suspect that
>> the Webmaster could also have discerned the nature of the link when he
>> added it.
>
> you allow untrusted persons to add things to your webpages???

Of course not.  What I meant was that we *do* trust our Webmaster, and
he added it presumably in full understanding of the nature of the site.

>> In your first message you say:
>>
>>> with high pssibility you have a link to a website which offers
>>> child-endangering material on your webpage
>>> 	http://www.de.freebsd.org/cgallery.html	.
>>
>> You mention *one* link.  You say "child-endangering".  Please explain.
>
> yes! 'a link' means 'at least one link'. i am sure that there exists a
> valid law which protects children from watching pictures of naked persons.
>
>>> i think the reference is away in 24 hours?
>>
>> Well, do you or don't you?  You'll have to ask yourself that
>> question.  I don't expect they'll go that fast.
>
> i dont know. it is not my case anymore. i do not want to discuss this case
> anymore.

OK, let's stop then.

>> From a legal standpoint, I believe these sites are legal.  There is no
>> bestiality, there is no underage sex.  If you still want to get it
>> changed, I'd suggest you contact the Webmaster rather than the
>> technical questions list.  He's Wolfram Schneider
>> <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>, as you could have found with a more
>> perfunctory search of the web pages than you appear to have performed.
>
> beatiality and underage sex would be even worse than child-endangering.
> i do not know the contents of those sites. i said that there is a high
> possibility that those contents are child-endangering. sorry for my bad
> english but its not my native language.

I don't think anybody has a problem with your English.

> at the bottom of the page i saw the email address
> 	questions@freebsd.org
> and i thought this would be the address for mails regarding that page.

Now that's reasonable.  Yes, I suppose we should change that.

Greg