Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:42:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
To:        Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot use sysinstall

Okay, the -q thing is a joke, don't worry about it :) There should have
not been a libncurses.so.4; if there was, there should have been
libncurses.so.4.[01] as well. The major/minor stuff is all quirky, and you
can thank Sun for all that bother, ELF now has a much simpler way,
thankfully. Anyway, there should not have to be any type of mucking around
in the sources to get sysinstall to compile, it should be as simple as cd
/usr/src/release/sysinstall; make all install clean.

Cheers,
Brian Feldman