Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 17:37:53 -0500
From:      eric@cirr.com (Eric Schnoebelen)
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11R6 for FreeBSD/alpha

Steve Price writes:
- On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- # 	I went to install FreeBSD on my AXPpci33 this weekend,
- # and found that X Windows doesn't appear to exist as a prebuilt
- # distribution.  Is this correct?
- #
- # 	Has anyone succeeded in building X Windows on the alpha?
- # FYI: I'm not interested in the servers, just the clients and
- # development libraries.
-
- Yes.  The only trick is to
-
- 	cp /usr/src/sys/pci/pci_iotcl.h /usr/include/sys
-
- I've been a bit busy lately and haven't found a clean way to fix
- this yet.

	Is this required to build clients??  I'm attempting to
build XFree86 out of the ports tree, with _no_ servers defined.
It hasn't failed yet, but its also nowhere near done. (the
AXPpci33 is no speed daemon.. :-)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com 		http://www.cirr.com
If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four tellers?