Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 01:28:26 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates patches.. commit requirements?

>> What requirements need be satisfied before the softupdate hooks and
>> mods can be checked into -current.?
>
>Do they work with ccds yet?  They should at least be fairly
>non-pathological with whatever filesystems one might wish to use them
>for, but beyond that I'd say go for it!

Yep, they appear to work now. :)  I have been using them for a couple
days off and on, and although I have had the occasional lock up, I
think it is not the ccd's fault anymore.  (Before, it would lock up
when I tried to log in in X, or panic after some amount of disk io
on the console.  How do you tell what happened if you arae running
X anyways?!  This is quite frustrating.)

FWIW, I have been having a terrible time with SMP kernels recently.
I have consistently had it lock up when doing a find in a large page,
after Netscape has been running for a while.  It seems, the only
truly stable kernel I have is one that was built several days ago, UP,
with Terry's patches.  When will these be integrated, anyways? :)

Chris