Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:14:42 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sophos and Virus return mail

> Ralph Huntington wrote:
> > > (This is one case where blocking of port 25 by ISPs is a good thing.)

Yes. And makes using eg send-pr(1) real fun(TM). Enjoying all the benefits
of such a setup right now. While we are at it, why not firewall off the
whole Net by just allowing a few things through proxies like www and ftp
just so that a few morons are safe? Anyways, who would use such esoteric
things as "cvsps" or "cvsup" and what are these etc. You can see where this
is leading. Unfortunately network administration only looks simple if you
are the one sitting at the admin console. Otherwise, it can quickly become
a set of annoying limitations that hinder you @work or @play. Cool. I
really feel like paying a lot for Internet access with these conditions.

In the meantime, I guess most virus infections are due to the fact that
(l)users go to really great lenghts to open anything that says "Big
tits inside" or "Check out this nice music." today, it's email. Tomorrow,
it will likely be mobile devices. The day after tomorrow... who knows?

Sorry for the OT, but I really felt I needed to tell this some time... not
all FreeBSD/UNIX afficionados are sysops at the same time, much less
network ops at their place.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM