Date:      Mon, 2 May 2005 11:29:27 +0200
From:      Toni Schmidbauer <toni@stderror.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keyboard problem X won't start

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 10:19:17AM -0400, andy@neu.net wrote:
> (EE) Failed to load module "speedo" (module does not exit,0)
> (EE) Failed to load module "Keyboard" (module does not exit,0)
> (EE) No input driver matching 'Keyboard'
> No core keyboard
>
> Fatal server error:
> failed to inititalize core devices
>
> It seems the keyboard driver is missing.  Any suggestions to get it
> working are really appreciated.

seems like a wrong Driver in Section "InputDevice"
(/etc/x11/xorg.conf.)

you do not say which version of x11/xorg you are running, but
here is my Section "InputDevice" for xorg 6.8.1

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
        Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
        Option      "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
EndSection

Xorg.0.log tells me:

(II) LoadModule: "kbd"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/kbd_drv.o
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"

hth,
toni
--
Wer es einmal so weit gebracht hat, dass er nicht | toni at stderror dot at
mehr irrt, der hat auch zu arbeiten aufgehoert    | Toni Schmidbauer