Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:00:05 -0800
From:      Alou Macalou <agape@funtv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pnp devices

I have 3.0 snap 980309.  I was able to use pnpinfo to determine
that my supraexpress was at Card Select Number 2, and Logical
Device 0.  'man pnp' implies that I can use 'ppp CSN LDN' command
in the UserConfig portion of the kernel boot.  However, when I
went there, the command didn't work.  An 'ls' didn't reveal any
pnp related devices.

Didn't see any info in FAQ, Handbook, manpages,
or Mailing list archives.
My question: how do I configure my pnp modem to work with ppp, so
I can eventually telnet from the commandline?
Do I need to load the src and compile a new kernel with pnp support?

thanks,
Alou Macalou