Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:21:51 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        info@netcraft.com, <webmaster@netcraft.com>
Subject:   Netcraft no longer sees FreeBSD ... ?

 Morning all ...

	I've tried to search the web ala Google to try and find *some*
information on how/what Netcraft does, but am drawing a blank ... so this
is one of those 'if its somewhere I've missed, please just point me to it'

	Starting around the middle of June, Netcraft started to report my
servers as OS: unknown ... and no longer reporting uptime values ...

	From what I've seen in posts by other FreeBSDer's, this seems to
be a relatively common thing, with someone mentioning it had to do with a
recent upgrade @ netcraft ...

	So:

	Does anyone know why Netcraft can no longer detect FreeBSD?  Is it
an OS version issue?  Or an Apache issue?

	Does anyone know what Netcraft uses to determine uptime?

	For information, I'm running FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE with Apache
1.3.26 for my testing ... if you go to:

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?mode_u=off&mode_w=on&site=www.hub.org

	You will see that it used to be able to detect it ...