Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 22:31:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ** HEADS UP **: sys/miscfs file systems moved

On 23-May-01 (09:53:13/GMT) Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> - FDESC, FIFO, NULL, PORTAL, PROC, UMAP and UNION file
>   systems were repo-copied from sys/miscfs to sys/fs.
> - Renamed the following file systems and their modules:
>   fdesc -> fdescfs, portal -> portalfs, union -> unionfs.
> - Renamed corresponding kernel options:
>   FDESC -> FDESCFS, PORTAL -> PORTALFS, UNION -> UNIONFS.

Maybe this is a good moment to ask for rename modules from
*_saver.ko to saver_*.ko to follow other layouts as for
if_ for interfaces, ng_ for netgraph, splash_ for splash
screen and snd_ for sound (as i asked into PR kern/21154)?

I know it is _ONLY_ a cosmetic change, but I think may be
one of the simple  ;)

BTW: Apart from sources, the only reference to *saved.ko
modules on a running system is into /etc/rc.i386:
    kldstat -v | grep -q _saver || kldload ${saver}_saver
and must be changed to
    kldstat -v | grep -q saver_ || kldload saver_${saver}

Thanks for your time,
Riccardo.