Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:42:27 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache2's perchild MPM not working under 5.0-RELEASE

--PAKmkkBo0+rTwAqJ

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 02:07:55PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> The apache2 port build and installed with WITH_MPM=3Dperchild does not wo=
rk
> for me for DAV and SSL under FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE (i386).

All of my "research" on the topic (that is to say, I've spent two afternoons
searching lots of confusing Google sites) indicates that perchild is broken
by design, even on Linux. Some people on the IRC apache channel confirmed
this. Although I obviously am not aware of their technical competence I'm
inclined to believe them.

There is someone working on a similar MPM but it only has a mailinglist
without archives. I forgot the URL.

If you find something to make it work, or a suitable replacement, please
post it here -- I'm extremely interested in making it work.

--Stijn

--=20
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already
know dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be
killed.
		-- G.K. Chesterton

--PAKmkkBo0+rTwAqJ

--PAKmkkBo0+rTwAqJ--