Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:02:55 +0800
From:      kevin lui <kevinlui_hk@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie questions

Hello,

I am using FreeBSD3.4 and KDE 1.1.2 ,

1. when i try to install StarOffice 5.2, I got a message that glic wrong

version, it require glibc 2.1.1 or newer?  How can I got it work?

2.  I try to download QT library 2.2.4 from the trolltech , I managed to

compile it, but when I make it, I got a message that " Error Code 1"
when it reach the /usr/include/arpa/nameser.h :143: parse error before
';'            ---- Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the problem and how to
solve it?

3.  there is a time, I try to move files from a protected floppy  "
accidently " to a directory in the hardisk, The computer hangs!  Is this

a known bug ? Any work arounds?

Thanks a lot!

Kevin Lui