Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:02:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, jhb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: that ucred invariant stuff.

:My understanding was that John saw this primarily as a debugging aid.  No
:doubt:
:
:#ifdef OPTIONS_NULL_TD_UCRED
:	...
:#else
:	...
:#endif
:
:would be appropriate for general use once we're sure we're handling
:td_ucred fine, especially given the performance difference.
:
:Robert N M Watson             FreeBSD Core Team, TrustedBSD Project
:robert@fledge.watson.org      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services

    Julian, should I go ahead and do this or would you like to?  I already
    have the patches ready, I just have to change a bunch of #if 0's into
    #ifdef OPTIONS_TD_UCRED_DEBUG, for all architectures.

    I suggest something like OPTIONS_TD_UCRED_DEBUG.  Turning on this
    option would clear out the ucred in the thread after each syscall
    (effectively the INVARIANTS code that is there now).  Not specifying
    this option would give us the cache behavior (what Julian's code was
    intended to do).

					-Matt