Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:57:10 +0000
From:      Ian J Greely <Ian@tirnanog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: telnet client for win95/98

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:34:14 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>[insert obligatory Telnet-Is-Evil-Use-SSH lecture]
>
>TeraTerm is as good as it gets when it comes to freeware for the =
purpose.
>It does support ssh1 with an extension that I found to be really messy =
and
>wouldn't consider an option but it's all you'll get for free. SecureCRT =
if
>you're in North America.
>
>> --=20
>
>Please don't use sigdashes if you're going to quote everything relevant
>beneath them.
>
>-ac=20

In what way "really messy". I use the SSH component and the only
whinge I have about it is the lack of an authentication agent. Though
with a FreeBSD Box sitting in the background it's possible to have it
run the authentication agent I guess.=20

It's a bit of a pain to have to keep typing the passphrase but that's
the price of security.

regards,
Ian