Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 95 18:11:00 EST
From:      Ruiyuan_Jiang/Advantage_KBS_at_LotusXchg@njcorp.akbs.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/ports/distfiles

  Hi,

  I sent a message before and asked what is /usr/ports/distfiles. Right now
  I guess that directory should hold the ported file such as
  inn1.4sec.tar.Z (I am interested in setup my INN News server). Also I
  think I need to download all the files under ftp.freebsd.org
  /pub/FreeBSD/2.1-RELEASE/ports/news/inn and its directories, make the
  same directory name and structure and place the related files to the same
  position as in ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1-RELEASE/ports/news/inn.
  Now I need to uncompress and untar the inn1.4sec.tar.Z file in my
  system's /usr/ports/distfiles directory. At this point, I can run "make"
  command in such as /pub/FreeBSD/2.1-RELEASE/ports/news/inn directory. Do
  I guess correct or wrong? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

  Ruiyuan Jiang
  System Administrator
  Advantage kbs
  rjiang@akbs.com