Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:04:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pre-Formatting man pages?

There doesnt seem to be a simple way of doing this, and I was wondering If
anyone would mind implementing such a thing.  It would be nice if there were a
variable analagous to the NOMANCOMPRESS in /etc/make.conf.  NOMANFORMAT
perhaps?

This is one of the things that I miss from NetBSD.  Formatted (compressed or
not) come up _much_ faster on a slow machine such as mine. ;)

Anyway, does anyone else desire such a thing?  If it would take you less than
5 minutes, please spare me the work. ;)

Later,
Chris