Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 11:32:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bring FreeBSD 3.2-release to current

> 	You didn't mention the -current mailing list, or the cvs commit
> logs, both of which are required reading for -current. Are you sure you
> don't want to be running 3.2-Stable, which is the most up to date
> version on the stable branch of freebsd? The -current branch is
> experimental, sometimes broken, and eats unprepared people for lunch.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have subscribed -current and cvs-all lists.
One of the reason I want to install -current is that I am looking at the
source code at http://lxr.linux.no/freebsd, which I find out is newer than
FreeBSD 3.2-release I have.

I just look at the CTM sites, there are several directories like src-3/,
src-cur/, cvs-cur/, ports-cur/. Can you please tell me which directories
should I download deltas from?  I am not sure what is the "starter" delta
for FreeBSD 3.2-Release.  The names of deltas (e.g. src-3.0001.gz) do not
look like what the FreeBSD handbook describes.

Thanks for your help.

-Zhihui