Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 09:50:00 -0400
From:      "Pitcairn, Duncan" <DuncanP@Cairnwood.com>
To:        "'freeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org'" <freeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'freeBSD-net@FreeBSD.org'" <freeBSD-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DHCP Client Package Problems (dhclient-script errors)

I have been trying to get dhclient with FreeBSD 2.2.6 to work.  Here is
where I am:

I have installed the isc-dhcp2.b1.0 Package, made up a Kernel with the
bpfilter option and made the devices bpf0 through bpf3. I found that the
Package installation does not include  dhclient.script and dhclient-conf
files. I found these in the ports collection and put them in /etc. I
have modified the dhclient.conf file.

Now the hard part. The dhclient-script file has problems. First, it
needs a blank line added at the top, without which dhclient will not
open the file. Second, dhclient errors on every For statement. There are
two pipes ( |sh >/dev/null 2>&1 is the last one) that cause errors,
which I think can be fixed by taking it back to the prior line. Finally,
the there is an error that says that dhclient expects a "do" and not end
of file in the dhclient-script.

Any ideas for me on what is going wrong?

Regards,

Duncan Pitcairn

CCC Alliance, Cairnwood Cooperative
Southampton, Pennsylvania