Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:16:18 +0300
From:      Igor Robul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbie question: my system says filesystem is full

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 09:27:16PM -0800, orion slevin wrote:

> My filesystem is full. How do I expand it?
> Thanks.
For example you have full /home and you have for example user joe who
filled /home :-( Then
You can use tell joe remove unnesseary files, if he won't do this then
remove random joe's files by youself :-)
Or, if you are joe :-) or joe is your emploeer :-) you can
1) tell joe buy large hard disk
2) mount /dev/some_big_partition /mnt
3) copy all files from /home/joe to /mnt
4) remove all files in /home/joe
5) umount /mnt
6) mount /dev/some_big_partition /home/joe

In general, _I_ don't know way enlarge partition size without losing
data , except if you backup this data somewhere else .

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia