Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:53:54 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        Kosta K <kosta_k@phreaker.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla/linux-mozilla

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 05:50:27AM +1000, Kosta K wrote:

> I removed native mozilla from my system (port - make deinstall) in
> favour of having linux-mozilla.  What do i need to do in Gnome2 to get
> urls opening as soon as i type a url in run dialogue? (i have fiddled
> around yet it doesn't seem to work/open up mozilla)

Click on the "Applications" menu at the top of your Gnome2 desktop.  (I
am assuming it is at the top.)  Select

"Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Preferred Applications"

In the resulting dialog box, the "Web Browser" tab should already be
selected.  Click on "Custom Web Browser" and in the command box, enter:
"linux-mozilla %s".  Click on "Close" and you should be set.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net