Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:11:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        Robert <robert@namodn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port redirection

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Robert wrote:
> I would like to redirect incoming telnets to one of my subdomains
> ( nomad.namodn.com ) to a MUD running on port 8000.
> Is there a way to make nomad.namodn.com port 23 redirect to namodn.com
> port 8000 ?

	If you're running FreeBSD 3.0, look into ipfw and the firewall
rules.  I believe that you want to set a divert rule.  If you're running
2.x, you'll have to either upgrade or write a program which acts as a
daemon on port 23 and then reconnects incomming connections to 8000.

	Alternitively, would it be possible to tell the MUD to listen on
8000 and 23 at the same time?

						Jaime