Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:28:22 +1000
From:      "Aras Vaichas" <aras@apcs.com.au>
To:        "freebsd questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems building 4.1 stable

I used CVSUP to update my source tree from 3.3 to 4.1-stable.

I did a 'make buildworld' as per instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING.

The build stops at building '===> objdump'.

The error is:

../libiberty/libiberty.a(choose-temp.o): In function 'make_temp_file':
choose-temp.o(.text+0x264): undefined reference to 'mkstemps'

/usr/src/contrib/binutils/libiberty/choose-temp.c declares mkstemps as
extern ,and mkstemps.o and mkstemps.c are both included in the Makefile.in
for libiberty.

I grep'd around and I noticed that function had been renamed from 'mkstemp'
and there are references to it in
/usr/src/contrib/binutils/libiberty/ChangeLog. But as far as I can see it
looks like the name change has been catered for.

Can anyone help?

Aras