Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:35:32 -0700
From:      "Don Sutter" <drs@suntreeaz.com>
To:        "Rick Hamell" <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: S3 ViRGE in high color mode

I wish this was true also but 1280 * 1024 is 1,310,720 bytes
per color plane (1.25mB).  3 color planes (24 bits) is only
3,932,160 bytes total (3.75mB).  Besides, as I explained in
my original post, the display comes up and works but breaks
up whenever I move my mouse.  There also seems to be some
sort of interval interrupt that breaks up the image and some
permanent artifacts on the right side of the screen.

This machine also dual boots Windows 98se which also runs at
1280 x 1024 x 24 without any problems (other than Windows
issues ~smile)