Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 06:48:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound card support question...

> I just acquired a ENSONIQ AudioPCI card by Creative Labs (formerly
> Ensoniq).  I've not tried to install the card yet because I just read
> in the sys/i386/isa/snd/CARDS file that said:
>
> CHIPSET:
>     various PCI cards from Ensoniq, OPTI, CreativeLabs.
>
>     This code _cannot_ work on these cards as it is now, since I
>     don't think they can use the ISA DMA controller. As there are
>     no data sheets available for these PCI cards, none of them is
>     supported at the moment.
>
> Is that still the case, or is this file out of date?

only slightly out of date. The good news is that there is an
experimental driver for the es1370 (which could be yours -- look at the
controller chip). I have the
playback working on -stable, some problems on recording. Joachim (the
original author, see the postings on multimedia) has both record and
playback ok on -current although with small mixer problems.

	cheers
	luigi