Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:18:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linx/freebsd/dump

Ok,, well here is how it go's down...

#] /sbin/dump 0uf my.tapeserver.net:/dev/nrsa0 /
  DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Sun Jan 16 23:13:59 2000
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/hda2 (/) to /dev/nrsa0 on host my.tapeserver.net
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 51952 tape blocks on 1.34 tape(s).
/sbin/dump: Lost connection to remote host.
  DUMP: Bad return code from dump: 1
#]

The remote machine gives no log what so ever. rsh/rlogin works fine on
both machines and The FreeBSD machines on the network seem to dump just
fine. No idea where to go since there is no real log of anything.
Any thoughts?

Keith