Date:      Wed, 7 May 2003 09:03:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris McGee <chris@xecu.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW Bandwidth throttling?

I am trying to limit outgoing SMTP traffic to about 14 Mbps and these are
the IPFW rules I am using.

	${fwcmd} add pipe 1 tcp from 192.168.0.0/24 to any 25 out via dc0
        ${fwcmd} pipe 1 config bw 14Mbit/s

I've tried multiple tweaks to the pipe rule and I seem to be missing
something.  I only get about half the bandwidth I specify.  Is this normal
behavior?  Is there something wrong with the rule I'm running?

Thanks,
Chris

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris McGee                             301-682-9972
Xecunet	                                www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access