Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:33:15 +0100
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   rcNG'ification

Hi!

While I've installed another port a few days ago, I came across
there're still some (...or some more...) ports in the tree which
aren't rcng'ified.

This is bad as I've installed net-mgmt/net-snmp4 just for getting
snmpwalk but am using bsnmp from the base system so I didn't wanted
the snmpd to start (but it did on the next reboot and that was
really, really badly stupid).

I would like to take the time to work through the ports system and
make sure rcNG'ification is done for every port which is starting a
daemon.

Just two quick questions:

1) any thoughts on that?
2) Is there any committer who is willing to receive rcng'ification
patches from me by email? I don't think GNATS is a good place for
probably some hundred patches (I could easily find some non-rcng
ports in a few minutes without looking deeper).

Greetings,

Volker