Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 22:50:24 -0800
From:      Co-app Network consulting <almazs@wgn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: modem init strings

Hi;

I ahve a USR 14.4 external fax/modem which I had configured and working
for a user PPP to dialin to my ISP and it worked fine. I also decided
that I need to dialin to my freeBSD box and had diaup service configured
and played around with the modem init strings and had it working fine.
Now when I tried to to dialin to my ISP the Chat script fails to see the
"login" prompt from my ISP's machine and it timeouts!! Oh nooooooo!!

How can I get the modem/my freebsd box to work for both dialin and
dialout without tampering with the config files every time?