Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:30:06 -0800
From:      Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache .htaccess file

Hi Apache Guru's and such, please can you help me with the .htaccess file
on apache
webserver?

I need to block my whole domain for two IP addresses. I want that they get
any restricted messages, something like "...you are not welcome here!" or
something like that. Maybe a redirect to another page such as yahoo.com or
something.
I was reading in some apache/unix sites and I found information about it.
They say this is doable with the .htaccess file but I'm not sure how the
file should look. I know if you want to restrict some files or folders you
can make it like:
# Access file
order allow,deny
allow from all
require valid-user
Authname DirectoryName
Authtype Basic
AuthUserFile /home/sites/sitename/users/username/.htpasswd
but this ask for a password and I don't want a password protection. I want
block the whole domain for only two IP addresses and all other have full
access.
I can do that with wildcards too like:
Deny from 204.255.230.13
Deny from 192.168.
Deny from 9.
Please can you send me some .htaccess file from your server or create me one
that I can test this with my own IP before I put the right one in it?

here are the server information:
running on Apache/1.3.12 FreeBSD 4.2 mod_ssl/2.6.4 OpenSSL/0.9.5a
PHP/4.0.3pl1 mod_auth_pam/1.0a FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_perl/1.24

I would appreciate this a lot, thanks in advance

-Kurt