Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:26:35 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minor number(s) for SCSI User (su) device?

Andy Sparrow wrote:

> I wish to use the su device, which is configured into my
> kernel via the 'pseudo-device' line.
>
> MAKEDEV doesn't handle creating entries for this.
>
> I can't find any documentation anywhere as to the
> correct value for the minor device number.
>
> [rest of message deleted]

I also want to create the su device entries for using the "cdrecord"
utility. The README.xxxBSD file which comes with the sources
of cdrecord explain who to create these device entries. If you
don't want to use cdrecord, click on this link:

	http://www.best.com/~spadger/README.xxxBSD

However, I would like to know _why_ are these minor numbers
needed by the "su" driver. I examined the "su" sources to no avail.

-- JM
Jose M. Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del Pais Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electronica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-4-4647700 x2624
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-4-4858139