Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 20:17:58 -0400
From:      Ken Westerback <krw@tcn.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing 3.0-19980917 on 9GB Disk - "Unable to create root  partition - too big?"

To answer my own question:

Apparently merely changing the partition type was not enough to convince
the install procedure to reformat it. Once I deleted and recreated the
partition, causing the 'C' flag to appear beside it, all was well. The
'A'uto config created the appropriate file systems and the install
completed.

---- Ken