Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:40:15 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netscape6 (linux)

As it was put forth by Linh Pham on Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 02:33:05PM -0700...
> On 2001-07-19, uwi mAn scribbled:
>
> # i installed linux-rpm support though.
> #
> # %./netscape-installer
> # ./netscape-installer-bin: error in loading shared libraries:
> # libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> #
> # No way to install Netscape 6.1 (linux) onto BSD 4.3 release ?
>
> You can build Mozilla 0.92 (Netscape 6.1 is based on either Mozilla 0.8
> or 0.9, but forgot which one) from the latest ports. I have 0.92 running
> on my laptop and it seems to do perfectly (with the exception of not
> liking the new theme... but the classic theme works without a problem).
	I am also using mozilla 0.9.2,1 on my box.  It's a huge leap forward in
speed and reliability from the .8 series.  Both modern and classic work on
mine with no problems.  Do you have an error message for when you try to
change to the modern skin?

Ian